The 2023 Pennsylvania Greenways and Trails Summit will be held in Scranton, PA. (Day 2)
WeConservePA uniting individuals and organizations to conserve land, protect water and wildlife, and foster healthy communities.
Date: September 18, 2023
Plenary: Starting at 9:00 AM Keynote | John Simmerman, Active Towns, Creating a Culture of Activity
Session 1 11:00AM – Noon
- Trends in Motorized Recreation in PA
- Trail Crossings: What is the Process to Cross the Road?
- How Economic Development Organizations Can
Support Outdoor Recreation
- Exploring the Power of WikiMapping: Lessons from
the Powerline Trail 11AM–11:45AM
- Too Busy to Trail?
Leveling With Each Other as Trail Professionals
- Highlighting Heritage Along Land and Water Trails
Session 2 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
- Motorized Trails–How to Plan Legal Trail Systems and
Where to Find the Money to Implement Them
- It All Comes Down to Drainage
- Dickson City Borough–A Case Study in Economic
Development Led by Outdoor Revitalization Strategies
- Animating the Greenway: Lessons from a Rural
- Defining Public Spaces Using an
Asset Management Lens
- Essential Elements & Tips
for Nature-Based Revitalization
Historic Downtown Scranton Walk (off-site
Session 3 3:00 PM – 4 PM
- PA OHV Projects–Case Studies, Success Stories, and Lessons Learned
- Historic Bridge Marketing and Adaptive Use
- Trends for Trail Communities of Today and Tomorrow 3PM–4:30PM
- Creating Communities of Practice for Trails and
Shared Use Pathways Planning 3PM–4:30PM
- Trails, Parks, and Public Access: Who Does RULWA Protect?
- Interpreting an Ironmaking Landscape Along the Rail-Trail in Pine Grove Furnace State Park
Reception & Dinner 5:00 PM – 8 PM
Monday’s reception and dinner will occur at the Hilton Scranton Conference Center and is included in Monday’s registration fee.
Location: Hilton Scranton Conference Center, 100 Adams Ave, Scranton, PA 18503
Contact and Information: firstname.lastname@example.org